WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Monday, December 26, 2016

Review: Curtain Call: and Other Dark Entertainments

Curtain Call: and Other Dark Entertainments Curtain Call: and Other Dark Entertainments by Mark Allan Gunnells
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Review: CURTAIN CALL AND OTHER DARK ENTERTAINMENTS by Mark Allan Gunnells

Every story in this superb collection is polished to a brilliant shine. I wonder, why I haven't been reading this fine author so much sooner. (I recently read WHERE THE DEAD GO TO DIE by Mr. Gunnells and Aaron Dries.) Some of the tales included here are outright terrifying ("The Town That Played Christmas For No One"); some are subtly frightening ("Movie Baby" and "Fates" and "And A Former Child Star Shall Lead Them"). Others are heartwrenching ( "Picnic at Bonaventure") or heartwarming ("Curtain Call"); some are cautionary: be really careful for what you wish "I Never Promised You A Rose Garden"). Every one is the work of a master talent.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment