WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Saturday, January 13, 2018

Review: Mudcat

Mudcat Mudcat by John Quick
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Review: MUDCAT by John Quick

MUDCAT is one superlative horror novel! Everything I look for in creature horror and more! The prologue blew me out of the water {intentional analogy!} with a scene of extreme horror I could never have imagined, then rocketed right on with one intensity after another! Implacable horror--evolution gone to extremes, with interspersed subtle suggestions that the evolutionary mutations weren't Nature, but likely human-designed, or at least nudged. All this--a creature nigh unstoppable--and what's the prime motivator in every biological organism? Hunger! An organism this size gets extremely hungry, extremely frequently. When you factor in that this creature is not blindly biological, but has a functioning intelligence--nothing can stop it. All this, and CHARACTER EVOLUTION! I absolutely adore MUDCAT!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment