WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Review: Moon Games

Moon Games Moon Games by Shelly Frome
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

There's not much I love more than a Feckless Hero. However, in MOON GAMES, I was utterly delighted to discover a Feckless Heroine in protagonist Miranda Davis. This woman in her thirties is so peripatetic, so constantly off-the-track of her life purpose, I'm surprised she manages to run a business (realty) and be employed (part-time at The Tavern), and it's probably no wonder why she finds relationship issues dismaying. However, I did like her and I even empathised with her, thanks to author Shelly Frome's talented treatment. He also kept the suspense turned up high, the tension on the front burner, and the puzzles constantly intriguing, as I continually pondered: "What? What? What? Who? Why? What does each new revelation signify?" I empathized with Feckless Miranda because I was pretty much out at sea too, and that kept me turning those pages, totally intrigued and delighted.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment