WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Review: The First Time I Died

The First Time I Died The First Time I Died by Jo Macgregor
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"You can't go home again." Sometimes that is very apropos. When Garnet left her tiny Vermont home town, she vowed never to return. She had few reasons to ever do so, and many reasons to stay away. But pressure from her academic advisor, coupled with her mother's transient ischemic attack, finally propel her back to that declining community she left at age eighteen. Quickly she discovers that on the surface the town has very much changed; but under the surface, those powerful and intense undercurrents of secrets and lies are still prevalent, still holding sway. Garnet knows that "you can't go home again" is a principle to live by; or to die by.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment