WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Saturday, November 26, 2016

Review: FEVER DREAMS: A Bracken and Bledsoe Paranormal Mystery

FEVER DREAMS: A Bracken and Bledsoe Paranormal Mystery FEVER DREAMS: A Bracken and Bledsoe Paranormal Mystery by Campbell Jones
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Review: FEVER DREAMS by Campbell Jones
(BRACKEN AND BLEDSOE PARANORMAL MYSTERY #1)

FEVER DREAMS is the first entry in the paranormal series featuring Katie Bracken and Elliot Bledsoe, paranormal investigators. I read this after reading NIGHT CHILLS, and while the hauntings in NIGHT CHILLS were frightening and nearly implacable, I found FEVER DREAMS much more disturbing. The setting to my mind is oppressive and there were a couple events in the swamp that were significantly frightening, to the point of wondering if the protagonists would survive, let alone succeed. Additionally there is one plot thread which really perturbed me as it unfolded in the denouement. I guessed at some of the past events, but the eventual final denouement really surprised me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment