WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Review: Fatal Option

Fatal Option Fatal Option by Chris Beakey
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Review of FATAL OPTION by Chris Beakey

What a thrilling mystery! A one-session read because you just can't stop! Author Chris Beakey introduces multiple tangled plot lines, admirably maintains all, and leavens them with a sizable dose of humanity: emotions, mistakes, failings, success, regrets. Overarching are events that change lives, the kind of events about which reader and characters both ponder "if only--." My heart stayed in my throat the entire reading, and many times I wished I could reach into the story and shift the characters out of danger, or stop villains. Even the "bad guys" have their own backstory here, so that behavior which is not admirable is at least comprehensible.

I will definitely be anticipating more novels from author Chris Beakey and enjoying rereading FATAL OPTION.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment