WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Thursday, November 9, 2017

Review: Where Nightmares Come From

Where Nightmares Come From Where Nightmares Come From by Joe R. Lansdale
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Review: WHERE NIGHTMARES COME FROM , edited by Joe Mynhardt and Eugene Johnson

I 've enjoyed and benefited from Crystal Lake Publishing's Writers on Writing Series, and am happy to find the brand-new volume WHERE NIGHTMARES COME FROM: THE ART OF STORYTELLING IN THE HORROR GENRE. In 28 articles, including some interviews, 31 authors bring their various and sundry viewpoints, and perhaps better yet, their wisdom, to a volume that I recommend to read and to keep as a reference guide. As a sometime write, I found inspiration, techniques, encouragement, a metaphorical pat on the back and "you're okay, kid" (muttered in a Bogart voice). As a lifelong reader, I enjoyed admiring my idols from afar and discovering the guidance they provide.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment