WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Sunday, September 30, 2018

Review: WaxWorld

WaxWorld WaxWorld by Mark Gillespie
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Review of WAXWORLD by Mark Gillespie

WAXWORLD is an exciting, unstoppable, novella which immediately captured my attention and never let go. I loved everything about it, including the characters (primarily the protagonist, with additional secondary characters of importance appearing along the way), the unending suspense, the protagonist's thought processes concerning possible causes of his situation (which mirrored my own, admittedly paranoiac, assumptions), his ethical behavior, his morality, and his devotion to his parents and girlfriend. Jack Murray is a surprisingly “good guy,” given his age at the time of the tale, his affluent background, his genetic blessedness, and his athletic capability. Actually, nowadays I'm surprised to find “good guys” in any social or economic class, so his altruism was a remarkably strong point in his favor. Given his character, the ending was particular poignant, and despite how it turned out, that ending was welcome and I applaud “Jack” for his conscious and altruistic decisions.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment