WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Saturday, November 9, 2019

Review: Witch Hunt

Witch Hunt Witch Hunt by Syd Moore
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

WITCH HUNT is both a fascinating exploration, through contemporary eyes, of a terribly ugly chapter in English history (the witch-hunt hysteria and the English Civil War between Oliver Cromwell's Parliament and King Charles I); and a paranormal excursion which becomes terrifyingly real and vividly experienced. I enjoyed both the historical revelations and the unfolding of secrecy as out protagonist is increasingly pulled into experiences of another realm. The only aspect I didn't appreciate is the author's tendency to telegraph the approach of trouble or difficulty, which I considered to be too frequent, and also is a pattern in the author's first novel, DROWNING POOL, which I am currently reading.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment