WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Sunday, May 10, 2020

Review: CERTAIN DANGER by F. R. Jameson

 5 Stars

I do admire strong female protagonists.  When such an individual is "ordinarily" a retiring and unassuming person who tries in general to be "invisible," product of an extraordinarily gory childhood, who suddenly [in a rather Jekyll and Hyde transition,  but without the potion] becomes a powerful person animated by---well, please discover for yourself--I feel that "Casper Milquetoasts" everywhere have suddenly been vindicated. 

After reading the book, but before composing my review,  I saw a comment by the author, F. R. Jameson, that one role here was written for portrayal by the late lamented and much admired actor Peter Cushing. Light bulb moment! The entire story then replayed in my mind, and I totally agree.  Mr. Cushing would have been exceptional in this particular role [which you, reader, should discover for yourself]. 

No comments:

Post a Comment