WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Thursday, May 7, 2020

Review: TALES FROM THE GAS STATION VOLUME ONE by Jack Townsend


5+ Spooky Stars!!

I totally LOVED this horror novel, and I hope there's 20 sequels! I have little sense of humor,  but even so I frequently laughed aloud at some of the scenes or turns of phrase, so yes, I guess this is a "horror comedy." I also totally emphasized with protagonist Jack. Man, this dude can't get a break! But he still perseveres,  despite permanent insomnia and, I think,  more than a touch of Asperger's [witness his encounters with the vain psychoanalyst], bullies, weirdos,  and gods under the gas station.  Like the Energizer bunny, he keeps on keeping on. [Like a Timex, he keeps on ticking. ] Assaults, broken bones, insomnia,  betrayal: NOTHING stops this unassuming feckless hero. Gotta admire. 

No comments:

Post a Comment