WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Saturday, June 22, 2019

Review: Kill Creek

Kill Creek Kill Creek by Scott Thomas
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Words fail me. KILL CREEK is extraordinary, all the more so as a debut novel of literary and psychological horror. Be not mistaken: there's plenty of the Supernatural here too, so intricately blended with the psychological horror as to become one. I read this in one day, figuratively glued to the virtual pages, and couldn't stop. My only regret is that somehow I missed reading it at the novel's 2017 release, and in fact it was the upcoming release of author Scott Thomas' second horror offering, VIOLET, that nudged me to first read KILL CREEK. I am unafraid to admit that likely I will never forget the novel's denouement concerning the House's third-floor bedroom...nor the Epilogue. Never. I will not forget KILL CREEK, and yes, I will reread it....when my nerves settle.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment