WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Thursday, August 22, 2019

Review: Abandoned: A Ghost Story

Abandoned: A Ghost Story Abandoned: A Ghost Story by Carol McMahon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Scary! Feckless protagonist meets more and more trouble...that's only mildly scary, that this poor well-meaning young woman can't get her life straight, choosing the wrong guys, getting homeless, low on funds....


The really scary is how in a 16,000 word short story, which I foolishly read AT NIGHT, the author manages to tap so many of my phobias! More than once I tried to stop, thinking I would return in the daytime--but my eyes wouldn't turn away and my brain wouldn't stop digesting the scares....the very real, terrifying, perceptions and events.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment