WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Thursday, August 8, 2019

Review: Little Comfort

Little Comfort Little Comfort by Edwin Hill
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

When possible, I like to read thematically. But devoting August to ARCs, I didn't expect I could. Nevertheless, I've read several in the past few days that include certain ugly topics and that leave me emotionally wrung out (and often feeling vigilante-ish). This is certainly true of the first of the Hester Thursby Mysteries: LITTLE COMFORT. Author Edwin Hill manages to wring the heartstrings, do indepth study of psychology, put his characters in extreme danger, shock, surprise, startle, and satisfy. LITTLE COMFORT is steered by an unusual and endearing female protagonist, and offers some really good people. Of course, the villains are awful! However, that makes for a good balance and keeps us engrossed to the end, then eager for the second in the series (August 27).

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment