WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Saturday, August 3, 2019

Review: Dead Silence

Dead Silence Dead Silence by Wendy Corsi Staub
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I confess to disappointment in this suspense novel; I had read several novels by Wendi Corsi Staub, and adored her Lily Dale series. But DEAD SILENCE left me cold. The villain repulsed me and elicited not one moment of sympathy. Not one. Sure, he had a seriously bad childhood. Sure, his mother was absent. But other people have suffered either/or without becoming psychotic serial killers.


I did admire several of the other characters, including forensic genealogist (and foundling)
Amelia and her long-term bestie Jessie and Jessie's police department hubby Billy (Willard), but they just weren't sufficient to balance the reader-empathy scales against "The Angler" (the serial killer/villain).


I bought this book to read for the Rising Stars Book Club August selection #1 at writing.com.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment