WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Review: Avert Your Eyes Vol.1

Avert Your Eyes Vol.1 Avert Your Eyes Vol.1 by Spike Black
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Review of AVERT YOUR EYES Vol. 1 by Spike Black

A delightfully freaky and spooky collection, as readers expect from author Spike Black, these ten tales manage to upend reality, to mirror it, or to alter it entirely (and "mirroring" is a theme used more than once, as is repetitive time loops of the type in "Groundhog Day"). Whatever your concept is of consensus reality, you may find yourself rethinking that again and again. Every story is a gem, worth reading and then pondering (even rereading). I enjoyed each one, but my favourite still remains the first story, "Freak Fear." I easily identified with the protagonist, became involved in the story--and then, the ending just blew me completely away. Loved it!!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment