WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Review: The Boulevard Monster

The Boulevard Monster The Boulevard Monster by Jeremy Hepler
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Release April 7

Review of THE BOULEVARD MONSTER by Jeremy Hepler

I totally enjoyed reading this well-constructed and intriguing horror novel. I loved that the horror element was implacable, both the seemingly impossible but very factual “otherworldly” incursion, and also the real-life “inescapability”: law enforcement following irrefutable evidence; marital distrust; and so forth. Protagonist Seth is the proverbial “good guy,” imperfect but loving, loyal, and dedicated. Until he falls headfirst into a situation where “doing the right thing” puts him in the target of something unexplainable but implacable and deadly. I see myself rereading this (I raced through it in a few hours) and hope for more soon from this talented author.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment