WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Monday, January 22, 2018

Review: The Death Run

The Death Run The Death Run by Destiny Hawkins
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Review: THE DEATH RUN by Destiny Hawkins

This short story (which I think would be an exciting novel) left me speechless. At every twist (and there were many) author Destiny Hawkins managed something new and different, something I couldn't have expected. She also juggled several character points-of-view and really brought us inside their heads (in a couple of cases, where I really didn't want to go), eliciting our empathy (and our stricken "oh no!"). Set in a Dystopian construct that literally made me shudder, a situation in which death is the most hopeful outcome, operated by individuals whose sociopathy and hubris are far off the charts. I read this in literally one sitting, it was so rocket-speed paced. I still want to know, "WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?"

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment