WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Review: THE SECRET OF WHITE STONE GATE by Julia Nobel


5 Stars!


I read this immediately after reading the first in the Series, MYSTERY OF BLACK HOLLOW LANE.  I adored this mystery equally.  Author Julia Nobel certainly comprehends the minds of her young adolescent subjects (12 in the first book, 13 in this) and makes me recall some of my thoughts and feelings from back in the day. I even more than once found myself responding and mentally speaking out on protagonist Emmy's behalf (especially in regard to certain authority figures and busybodies wannabe authority). I also appreciate the weaving in of English history in both books. These are like Fantasy,  but not quite; like Magical Realism but not quite. Just thoroughly enjoyable and wildly entertaining reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment