WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Review: THE HAUNTING OF TOWNLEY MANOR by

4 Stars

I gave this horror novel 4 Stars because it offers some really terrifying Scares; in fact, in terms of Frights, this novel "keeps on keeping on." I enjoyed it, but I  didn't give 5 because something in the story progression just felt a little "uneven " to me. For example, early on the protagonist tells her unwanted psychiatrist what a "good " man is protagonist 's husband; but the story doesn't bear that out, even before the character devolution later on. And why is she seeing a psychiatrist she considers of no use (she constantly harps on "thirty pounds a session!") both at the  beginning and for one final roundup after the conclusion. That didn't ring true for me. ["Thirty pounds a session!" paid by a protagonist without employment?]

No comments:

Post a Comment