WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Saturday, August 8, 2020

Review: SHORT HORROR STORIES VOLUME 26 (SCARE STREET)




5 Spooky Stars

"Porcelain Elephants" by Ron Ripley: One of Mr. Ripley's best in a long line of great tales, "Porcelain Elephants" is by turns heartwarming, terrifying,  and heartwrenching. For me, the human Evil proved far worse than the admittedly supernatural elements. I found this story very satisfying.


"The Cursed Necklace" by Anna Sinjin: Now that is scary. Kudos for the implacability of this particular horror,  and for the way that the author has interwoven simple, common,  human emotions to create a pathway to Horror.  Very good!

"Do You Hear What I Hear?" by Sara Clancy: I do enjoy my Christmas Horror...but this is TOO SCARY!! 
DO NOT read at night alone! I read it on a sunny, hot, front porch at noon
AND I'M TERRIFIED!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment