WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Review: A Fractured Conjuring

A Fractured Conjuring A Fractured Conjuring by Martin Reaves
My rating: 0 of 5 stars

Review of A FRACTURED CONJURING


I stand in awe of the intellect, the creative imagination, that wrote this novel. This book functions on so many levels--less a vast cast of characters than a multiplicity of levels per character. I read several in-depth reviews before beginning it, and early on in my reading of it, and I am far from being the only reader awestruck. What an imagination is this! Mine feels as if it has been stretched like salt water taffy, then popped back into place, over and over again. Certainly I end the book a different creature than when I had begun it.

Whether you choose to view this story as the chronicle of a descent into madness, or as reincarnation come to life, or as demonic inhabitation, I think that you will not be able to walk away from A FRACTURED CONJURING unchanged. I think the novel should be accompanied by a neon warning label:
"Caution: Your sanity, character, emotions, soul, and spirit will all be supremely rocked and challenged should you take up the concept of reading this novel."


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment