WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Friday, December 22, 2017

Review: We Should Have Left Well Enough Alone

We Should Have Left Well Enough Alone We Should Have Left Well Enough Alone by Ronald Malfi
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Review: WE SHOULD HAVE LEFT WELL ENOUGH ALONE by Ronald Malfi

Lately I've been reading subtlety often, particularly in Horror--well-done, for the most part. But I'm certain I hadn't encountered the Master of Subtlety until I commenced reading Ronald Malfi' s short story collection, WE SHOULD HAVE LEFT WELL ENOUGH ALONE earlier this month [December 2017]. Mr. Malfi has stated that these stories had been written over a long period of time, and that they are non-themed. I believe there is a theme, the Theme of Subtlety, and at this the author is an accomplished master. I recommend savouring this collection especially. Take it one story at a time. If you try to read all in one sitting, your mind will be blown as effectively as the minds of some of Lovecraft' s protagonists when they sought "to know too much."

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment