WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Review: The Twelve

The Twelve The Twelve by D.E. McCluskey
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Review: THE TWELVE by D. E. McCluskey

An aspect of fiction I insist on is the "Reader's Hook," something in the first page (or even the first paragraph) that yanks the reader straight inside the story, impelling us to suspend disbelief and live through the characters--no matter what. In THE TWELVE, the Reader's Hook is explosive!! Blew me away! And--propelled me! Not once was I disappointed. Saddened--yes. Perturbed--yes. Gore-splattered--frequently! Yet the story rocked on, carrying me like the white water rapids of a raging out-of-control river, and I adored every minute of the experience.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment