WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Thursday, August 16, 2018

Review: The Ostermann House

The Ostermann House The Ostermann House by J.R. Klein
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Review: THE OSTERMANN HOUSE by J. R. Klein

I am so pleased to discover this genre-blending novel, which combines horror, science fiction, metaphysics, physics, and outer space into a rewarding and engrossing novel. Probability shifts and altered perception, history that changes--not just according to the teller, but sometimes changes in narratives from the same teller, science, military "snooping," small-town "strangeness": university professors Michael and Audrey Felton didn't know what they were taking on in their simple quest for a country getaway from their busy Houston life. They sought peace and quiet; instead they found the bizarre community of Krivac, Texas, and out in the country, the Ostermann House, land like no other. I couldn't put this novel down, and I'm still turning it over in my mind.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment