WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Sunday, October 7, 2018

Review: The Field

The Field The Field by Ian Dawson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Review: THE FIELD by Ian Dawson

I found this novel both heartwarming and tremendously disturbing. I recommend very sensitive readers pass; the novel includes a deadly monster-in-human-form, abuse of children, and torture. It details an outstanding friendship, and another friendship that is not friendship at all but a murderous psychopath's control over another. Think an adolescent Bundy, or the two British boys who abducted and murdered a toddler. It boggles the mind.

On the positive side, this debut novel is very well-written, and details the coming of age of two good-hearted boys through their unconditional friendship. I applaud Daniel and Kyle and their families. I wish more families were this strong in integrity and character.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment