WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Thursday, September 12, 2019

Review: The Dinner Party

The Dinner Party The Dinner Party by R.J. Parker
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Protagonist Ted, well-meaning and principled but too easily swayed by others, at one point asks himself, "How was he meant to be thinking about his friend?" For me, that approach describes the crux of this psychological mystery. Eight individuals--four couples. They consider themselves "a dinner group," not really socializing beyond that--or so Ted thinks. I think there's too much thinking going on among this group. Self-analysis is well and good, until it becomes "what does my spouse/friend/therapist think? Maybe I should change my mind?"

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment