WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Review: Down a Dark Hall

Down a Dark Hall Down a Dark Hall by Lois Duncan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

My third consecutive YA Paranormal thriller read by Lois Duncan thankfully left my "spooky sense" engaged but without the psychological turmoil I experienced while reading both DAUGHTERS OF EVE and GALLOWS HILL. DOWN A DARK HALL was far more relaxing, despite the clear presence of spectral entities. Psychological horror exists here too as the author examines the lengths to which some individuals will go when the results are considered to justify the mode. Protagonist Kit and her three fellow students are well-drawn exemplars who readily elicit our attention and empathy to cheer them on through this inexplicable nightmare.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment