WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Review: Tanners Dell

Tanners Dell Tanners Dell by S.E. England
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Review: TANNERS DELL by Sarah England

Ever wonder if Horror fiction can inspire nightmares: paralysing, terrible nightmares? [Hypnagogia: it's not just a term in psychology texts]. TANNERS DELL, the exceptional continuation to the exceptional FATHER OF LIES, is outstanding. I don't get horror this refined often enough. The plotting is a conspiracy theorist' s dream come true, and the villains have it all wrapped up: nothing and no one can get at them or unravel the situation. Amazingly, I had near-immediate, near-total recall of the first book--a rare occurrence, since I read so much and so widely that I often struggle to recall title, author, or plot.
My recommendation: read TANNERS DELL, read FATHER OF LIES, reread: sleep with all the lights on [until the lights go off by themselves]--and remember, you never know who is part of the conspiracy--never....

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment