WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Review: Anomaly Flats

Anomaly Flats Anomaly Flats by Clayton Smith
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

REVIEW: ANOMALY FLATS by Clayton Smith

How do I love ANOMALY FLATS? Just let me count the ways. First, the title. For a reader who is fascinated with science, science fiction, horror, and the English language, the title alone is sufficient to excite my admiration and quicken my heartbeat. Twilight Zone, Missouri: here we come!!

Second, the blurb: One of my favorite books of recent years [a novel which always reminds me of an Outer Limits version of Los Alamos and the Manhattan Project: "what if?"] Is Robert Jackson Bennett's AMERICAN ELSEWHERE: a small Southwestern community which is--different, in oh so many ways.
So too is little Anomaly Flats, Missouri. Tucked away beyond primevally immense forests, Anomaly Flats Is a most special locale. Its ongoing charm is hypnotic. So magnetic--I hope to be moving there shortly. [Smile]

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment