WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Review: The Well

The Well The Well by Marie Sexton
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Review of THE WELL
by Marie Sexton

Oh wow! When I first read the blurb, I knew I was going to enjoy this novel. I more than enjoyed it, I love it. The author, Marie Sexton, does a special job of delineating the fine line of tension between skepticism and belief in the supernatural/paranormal/otherworldly. For some of us, one perception or the other is constant; for others, skepticism can change to belief, and belief to skepticism, and all that is well demonstrated in this book. Ms. Sexton also does a superb job of keeping the “real facts” in abeyance until she is ready to expose them, so we read the story without “knowing” everything, just as the characters have to muddle through, try to do their best, investigate, ponder, and put together the pieces.

Two events, twelve years apart, are interwoven, and combined as well are events from twenty years before the first story event. A murder, a suicide, disappearances; a séance, another disappearance; a breakup, another breakup; a television paranormal investigative series and a chance at reunion. There's not a moment's letdown in this story, which I read in one sitting because I couldn't step away.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment