WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Monday, March 19, 2018

Review: Brutal Terminations

Brutal Terminations Brutal Terminations by Cherith Baldry
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Review: BRUTAL TERMINATIONS by Cherith Baldry

Term it Oxford Cosy Noir: this is an utterly delightful story full of subtlety and wry humour with genuine emotions, and an amateur sleuth protagonist who is the scion of an ancestry ripe with English gentlemen, Etonians all. Gawaine St. Clair is a gentle soul, an intellectual plagued by neuroses. His Watson is David, advertising executive and occasional chauffeur, frequent sounding board, always best friend.

This was a one-day reading for me, maintaining my interest from first page to last, and leaving me eager for more outings of Gawaine St. Clair.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment