WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Review: Winward

Winward Winward by Chad A. Clark
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Review: WINWARD by Chad A. Clark

While I raced through this novella, all sorts of reference memories flocked in: Tom Deady' s WEEKEND GETAWAY, the B-film "Highway to Hell" with its psychotic cop, Twilight Zone, the original Outer Limits. All through that was the constant refrain "oh no oh no surely that won't happen" as if I myself was a character in a 1980's B-horror who doesn't know when to give up. The author warned me of the implacability in this story, and he sure didn't exaggerate: the "villain" is near to preternatural in his ability to be seemingly everywhere and to seemingly know everything. In this, I am reminded of Stoker' s Dracula.

The author who rocked my imagination with the ever-incredible CHILD AT THE END OF TIME has now given me another reason to sleep with all the lights on (or maybe not sleep at all).

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment