WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Friday, August 31, 2018

Review: Creature

Creature Creature by Hunter Shea
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Review: CREATURE by Hunter Shea


CREATURE is difficult going, because the experience of living vicariously through a protagonist who suffers autoimmune diseases is not only terribly painful even to read, I can't even stretch my imagination to accommodate this level of suffering. That applies to the suffering protagonist and to her dedicated caregiving husband. I can't imagine suffering in such agony, for months, years, decades. I just longed for the characters' misery to end.

That aside, the Horror here is about as implacable as it gets. It's horror of a failing physique, horror of a mind wigging out, and external horror, which eventually proves to be very horrifying indeed.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment