WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Review: After the Green Withered

After the Green Withered After the Green Withered by Kristin Ward
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I've read Apocalyptic and Post-Apocalyptic speculative fiction (and nonfiction) since childhood, so I am well aware that there are a multitude of potential causes of Apocalypse, each with their own consequences and terrors. I don't wish to start a competition of "my Apocalypse is worse than your Apocalypse!" but I do think that the type illustrated here is both possible, and horrendous. Rather than a flash-bang split second death, here are months and years of fighting for the one life essential (for humans, animals, and plants): Water. Yes I know water is important also for cleanliness, but imagine what life would be like if so little was available for life that nations and even communities started wars to gain or to preserve supplies. Thinking of it boggles the mind...and it could happen.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment