WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Saturday, May 25, 2019

Review: Caught Up In It

Caught Up In It Caught Up In It by David Burnsworth
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Although as Noir mystery I couldn't term the Blu Carraway Investigations Series "light-hearted," I can call them entertaining, spirit-lifting, and a delight to read. Yes, there is violence; but the author delineates his characters so deeply, explores their backstories and their potential future timelines. He also sets up a really puzzling mystery that the protagonists and associates and friends must work at diligently to solve while they remain alive, because they are all definitely in danger here. The characters also demonstrate a depth of feeling that is not often encountered in Noir, I don't think, and this make for a well-rounded mystery with plenty of depth and breadth.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment