WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Thursday, October 24, 2019

Review: Apartment 412: Enter at your own risk.

Apartment 412: Enter at your own risk. Apartment 412: Enter at your own risk. by Pamela McCoy
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a toss-up between 3.5 and 4: 3.5 because the grammatical errors (and occasional misnaming) made my attention erratic. 4 because the novel has some tremendously convoluted plotting (multiple plots) and the author does well at not telegraphing the book's secrets in advance. There are several astonishingly horrific villains. There is more gruesomeness than gore, though gore is certainly at hand, so be forewarned. Some (most all) of the villainy infuriated me. I will be interested to read more from this author, whose imagination is undeniable.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment