WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Thursday, July 12, 2018

Review: LOST HIGHWAYS ed. By D. Alexander Ward

Review: LOST HIGHWAYS, edited by D. Alexander Ward

"Exceptional indeed" is a key phrase to describe this new Anthology of Speculative Horror from Crystal Lake Publishing. From the first page of editor D. Alexander Ward's fine introduction, throughout this outstanding collection, excellence reigns. Each story is an exquisite gem, and I say this with heartfelt emphasis. Each is also thought-provoking, and subtly terrifying. I submit, that even the stories here with positive endings (yes, there are some) ultimately instill terror. (I won't give away which ones!)

Occasionally I am privileged to read a novel, novella, anthology, or single-author collection, that leaves me thinking I have insufficient capacity to praise highly enough; a book which instills high awe at the creative power of writers and editors. I give you, LOST HIGHWAYS. And if you doubt my enthusiasm, check out the contributing authors list. Yes, Gentle Reader, I really did tell you so. LOST HIGHWAYS is beyond outstanding. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment