WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Review: The Supernatural Enhancements

The Supernatural Enhancements The Supernatural Enhancements by Edgar Cantero
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

.Review: THE SUPERNATURAL ENHANCEMENTS by Edgar Cantero

A few days ago, I found a new novel to add to my special Metaphorical Bookshelf which previously had contained only Garth Stein 's A SUDDEN LIGHT and John Harwood's THE GHOST WRITER. Over the weekend I added Richard Easter's THE GENERAL THEORY OF HAUNTING, and now I add THE SUPERNATURAL ENHANCEMENTS. Each of these exceptional novels left me awestruck, speechless, with memories I'll never lose.

What is extra special about THE SUPERNATURAL ENHANCEMENTS is not just its exceptional and engrossing story line, not just the pleasure of getting to know numerous characters, not just the terrifying denouement or the out-of-the-ball-park epilogue. Extra exceptional is that this young author is not a native speaker of English. English is his third language, yet he has so immersed himself in both the language and the literature that reading this novel is akin to reading a wonderful 19th century Gothic in contemporary literary prose.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment