WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Friday, October 12, 2018

Review: EVOLVED: A modern sci-fi thriller

EVOLVED: A modern sci-fi thriller EVOLVED: A modern sci-fi thriller by Jesse Lawson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Review: EVOLVED by Jesse Lawson

I admire a good tecnothriller, and EVOLVED is beyond "good": it is exceptional. I tend to be a fan of cephalopods as a Lovecraftian (though 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea certainly scared me as a child), and I got to learn a lot about the species while reading EVOLVED. From the terrifying reader's hook right through, the novel rings a lot of my "must-have" bells and gave me a lot of characters from whom to choose where to place my empathy. Plus, I loved the science. All win all the way--can't wait for the next in series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment