WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Thursday, October 4, 2018

Review: The Port Elspeth Jewelry Making Club

The Port Elspeth Jewelry Making Club The Port Elspeth Jewelry Making Club by Holly Tierney-Bedord
My rating: 0 of 5 stars

Review: THE PORT ELSPETH JEWELRY MAKING CLUB

I loved this novel. There were several characters whom I quite liked and admired, and a few whom I wanted to toss into the nearby ocean (the proximity of which gives Port Elspeth its elan--that and the extensive and pretentious wealthy class). The story is a winning combination of Women's fiction, and cozy mystery. Yes, there was quite a mystery, nearly five years earlier, which provides a powerful reader's hook to commence the novel, and which continues to rear its puzzles throughout. The Past is Always Present in Port Elspeth, it seems, even for those who didn't live through it.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment