WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Friday, November 9, 2018

Review: Facing the Dragon: A Vietnam War Mystery Thriller

Facing the Dragon: A Vietnam War Mystery Thriller Facing the Dragon: A Vietnam War Mystery Thriller by Philip Derrick
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I didn't know what to expect from this novel, and that's exactly what I discovered: a mystery/thriller that surely is unlike any other. Starting out as a heartwarming family saga, circumstances quickly turn scary and then horrifying. This high school freshman, on Christmas holiday with his family, demonstrates intense courage and will, casting aside routine sense and truly commences on the Hero's Journey, a path I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. He is one of the most outstanding characters in fiction.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment