WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Review: The Keeper of the Crows

The Keeper of the Crows The Keeper of the Crows by Kyle Alexander Romines
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Just a few days ago I read Kyle Alexander Romines's superb camping horror novel A SOUND IN THE DARK. Now with KEEPER OF THE CROWS, I am blown away. I think Mr. Romines has been studying my mental phobia list (smiling). Where A SOUND IN THE DARK focused on Human Evil plus Supernatural overtones, KEEPER OF THE CROWS (although yes indeed includes Human Evil) is Supernatural Horror par excellence. A tiny nearly isolated town in rural Kentucky (I don't know for sure, but to me this setting seems very much Appalachian Eastern Kentucky) hosts a Supernatural Evil possibly from before time. It also hosts villainous sadistic humans, entitled Narcissists, and some few of the type of citizens about whom 18th century thinker Edmund Burke wrote: "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." In 1987, a horrible crime is committed, then concealed for the next two and a half decades. But in a cave in the forest, a timeless Supernatural Evil is waiting, and there WILL BE REVENGE...and worse.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment