WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Saturday, July 20, 2019

Review: Ten Mile Creek

Ten Mile Creek Ten Mile Creek by Cain Macbeth
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

TEN MILE CREEK is a rather frightening tale, with a historical mystery, genealogy, and a trio of contemporary characters who are endearing and eliciting of our empathy. I found the historical human "monster" much more frightening than the Supernatural element, and indeed, pondering that element and turning it over and over in my mind along with the final chapter and the epilogue, kept me awake during the night after reading it. The aspect I did not like was the author's intermittent telegraphing of future events, which seemed to be disruptive. I don't expect to find happy endings in Horror; still I like to hope that all good guys survive, if not flourish.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment