WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Review: Day Zero

Day Zero Day Zero by Kelly deVos
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

DAY ZERO is fascinating! I've been devoted to Apocalyptic and Post-Apocalyptic genres since I devoured Philip Wylie's TOMORROW at the age of ten and was rendered permanently terrified. DAY ZERO has been compared to Susan Beth Pfeffer's LIFE AS WE KNOW IT Series, but I am pleasantly reminded of Emmy Laybourne's MONUMENT 14. Two siblings (one diabetic and likely Asperger's) and their stepsister; teacher mom; emotionally distant stepdad; and prepper-survivalist dad--in a world suddenly erupting in inexplicable violence, anarchy, and chaos. Tell me: what is there NOT to love?


Absorbing in-the-midst-of-Apocalypse Dystopiana: find it right here. It is Day Zero, indeed.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment