WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Sunday, November 24, 2019

Review: MUSIC MACABRE by Sarah Rayne (Phineas Finn Music Mysteries Book 4)



5 Stars Plus!

Now that I've read the four (to date) PHINEAS FINN MUSIC MYSTERIES by immensely gifted author Sarah Rayne, I expect MUSIC MACABRE (Book 4) to remain my favourite. Like Book 1, it trods the streets of Victorian London, my favorite historical era, and also weaves in my top historical fascination: Saucy Jack (Jack the Ripper of Whitechapel, East End London 1888). Ms. Rayne presents a couple of quite intriguing possibilities for the remarkable sudden disappearance of Jack and the cessation of murders, one portion of which I found highly plausible, given the culture and legal climate of the time. It would certainly account for his climatic absence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment