WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Thursday, November 7, 2019

Review: The Moving House: a prequel to Ghostland

The Moving House: a prequel to Ghostland The Moving House: a prequel to Ghostland by Duncan Ralston
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Ask me if this ahort story is scary: YES! I wanted to SCREEEEAAAAMMM! So good I read this on an overcast late afternoon before dusk (in advance of GHOSTLAND arriving at Midnight)! The concept of a house that isn't still and sedate, whose implicit atmosphere renders occupants unsteady and discomfited, makes me think distinctly of Lovecraft's Non-Euclidean Geometry (and of his stories such as "Picture in the House" and "Dreams In the Witch House." So I was already prepped, when the Denouement terrified me! And then terrified me again! I cannot wait to read GHOSTLAND and see what other "tricks" this House can perforn!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment