WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Monday, July 29, 2019

Review: Dark Inspiration

Dark Inspiration Dark Inspiration by Russell James
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Almost as soon as I started this novel, I felt I'd come home. I cut my reading teeth on Haunted Houses and Supernatural Horror, but I haven't read enough of those lately. What a treasure to stumble upon DARK INSPIRATION and its sequel DARK VENGEANCE!


Outside a tiny insular Tennessee town sits an eighty-five year-old Victorian and horse barn on its fifteen acres: a lovely residence on a scenic wooden site. Isolated and peaceful--well, not. Horrible evil piled upon tragedy and occult arts have darkened the very atmosphere, and an implacable spirit refuses to rest until its desires are achieved.


Russell James keeps the fear factor burner well-lit and burning brightly. Keep this one for the daylight hours, gentle readers.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment