WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Review: The Whispered Tales of Graves Grove

The Whispered Tales of Graves Grove The Whispered Tales of Graves Grove by J.S. Bailey
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This wonderful Canadian Horror anthology I read in a one-sitting, "I can't stop now," session. Seamlessly interwoven by multiple authors, the anthology relates the life and times of a small inbred community in the Canadian Rockies, in a forested rural valley in rural British Columbia. Founded in 1880 by one Samuel Madsen Graves, the community revolves around the sycamore he planted. The setting and stories I found delightfully Lovecraftian. Certainly every single story is a winner, and the conclusion is incredibly powerful. I highly recommend this anthology.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment