WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Review: In The Scrape

In The Scrape In The Scrape by James Newman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Every time I read about child abuse or domestic violence, I'm thankful that my particular admittedly trying life didn't include whatever brand of abusive horror I'm reading. This is true of IN THE SCRAPE, a powerfully impacting novella of which Poetic Justice eventually overcomes. A generational study would be fascinating of both of these families, to discover in which generation the abuse commenced, and how life will play out in the future: will Jake and Matthew fall into that pattern, or will they overcome? We don't know, but we do have a story that will tear at your heart and leave you pondering most deeply.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment